Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pink

I was really surprised to realise the general perception of the color pink. Undauntedly, it is synonymous with – blondes! (I am a brunette). And blondes are stereotyped as- girly, dumb and slut.

I agree that it is a feminine color, but ‘girly’? What the heck do you mean by that? Oh yeah…I know! ‘Girly’ means a giggling-without-reason, don’t-have-brains-to-save-their-ass, damsel in distress…in short bimbos! Fuck you! You people don’t even know the basic difference between feminine and bimbo-ness. No wonder, the guys take so much time to realise their true feeling about a girl. And they complain that we are pressurising them to do something which is very trivial to them! “Of course I like you…why would I spend time with you anyway? I don’t know what’s wrong with you. You want me to spit out everything I feel!!!” Yes, I do….is it too much to ask for?

(I guess, some things are quite apparent to the readers, and am hoping that they will understand!)

Anyhow…weirdly I have come to this conclusion. Pink does help to understand the intellect of a man. How will a man really react to a pink-dressed woman? Hmm….well after a lot of hard staring, research on men-psychology and study of body language, I have come to the conclusion that the initial reaction is the same- ‘it’s pink’…but what really matters is how they behave to the person wearing pink.

I have friends, who have the same reaction to pink color, but then they do respect me, and even if they are surprised that I have brains, that too a functional one, they are smart enough not to say it aloud.

Pink, to me is a power color. No not in the Legally-Blonde way. Pink is a sign that I am feminine, I indulge in feminine pleasures once in a while, read Cosmo and Vogue…but I am aware of my power, the position from where I can speak up for millions of women, fight for them and represent them.

And above all I like pink! Deal with it!

4 comments:

  1. ok, first of all, great piece of writing.. both from the art point of view and ofcourse, the content! i so empathize with the idiocy behind the world being segregated into crappy girlishness and un-girlishness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pink too. It doesn't necessarily need to have a value attached to it. It makes me happy and lets face it, it suits nearly everyone.

    More importantly... like you said... a colour is what you make of it.
    We will always find people who will roll their eyes and groan 'blonde' under their breath... and towards them i shall always put the question
    (that i read in a joke book for calvinists)

    "God waits till we're dead to judge us. Why don't you?"

    *Peace*
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...thanky!! you both just made my day!:):)

    ReplyDelete